Friday 1 February 2008

there.com #6

Well its been quite a few days now since I last blogged about there, so I've been into the virtual world and this time has been as different as the last!

I loaded and launched into the last place I logged out, and within a few steps, near to the sea front I found a random object just on its own, hovering in the air. Upon closer inspection I find it to be a rocket back pack! And it is the BEST form of transport I've found!!


Labelled a S MEAR, perhaps after it's uncareful owner, it can take you to the sky and back. I thought there maybe a limit on how high you could go with this thing, but as of yet, an invisible boundary hasn't stopped being on my journey to the heavens.

I went up...




and up...




and up again!





It enabled me to visit brand new places which before were just too high, so the browser wouldn't even load them! The first place I found atop a mountain near the sea was quite unique. It had a massive statue of Christ, but the funny thing is is that right next door was an Egyptian decorated pyramid nightclub called Isis. This made me smile as we have our very own Isis in Nottingham too. It was actually very nice inside, with lights and seating and a bar. Just looks like the owner hasn't quite finished it yet as everything is still the default white... lick of paint in order! Oh, and maybe a little atmosphere. What with is being a thousand feet in the air, it was lacking on the people front!




I then flew around a bit more, finding random spots where people had built little camps with seating, log fires and shading. There were a few times I banged into invisible no flying barriers and it hurtled me down a mountainside! I quickly scampered back though and reattained the jetpack.






Following this, I decided to teleport and here I met the only person I tried to speak to in my excursion today.Needless to say, it didn't turn out that well. The old language barrier rose it's head! lol

And with that, I flew on.



I ended up teleporting to a place called Mirage. Again, I had another new experience. On seeing a group of many people and a pop up announced I was in the 21+ Club, i flew down to find out, quite freakily that these people were actually not people. But wooden type statues. A few real people were standing about, but these too didn't utter a word.




I flew just a little back and found a quite menacing dead tree. It looked odd as mirage is barren and desert like, but the meaning became clear as landing on a platform just floating in the sky, I found a statue voulture. I have seen one dog like statue before, prompting me to wonder whether pets exist in there, and if so, where to get one and the coolness of it all. But the bird for me was enough. So with that, I logged out into the safety of the real world!





More weird and wacky stories to come, very soon. Who knows what I'll find - the jetpack although utterly cool was a bit slow. It took ages to cover ground... maybe i'll find a plane. Saying that, I did see a hover car in Mirage land... but then again, this was Mirage, and on following it, it disappeared... :S

@

No comments: