Wednesday 13 February 2008

there.com #9

My wanders today took me to Karuna Island. I've been here before, with the billboards advertising the various there.com things. This time though, I walked a little further from the centre and stumbled across a massive building, which instantly struck me as being like a UN sort of building. Nothing to do with the various flags trooping their colours right outside.



However, going inside revealed quite a different story. The ground floor was more of less empty, so I climbed the stairs and found myself in a club!




These statue bouncers await all visitors at the top of the stairs, but on turning round you are presented with a massive room! There was a flashing dancefloor (all the colours under the sun), with podiums...




There were some DJ decks and alongside, cocktail bar...



A white grand piano, along with violin and microphone nearby...



I was honestly very impressed. The attention to detail was great. I can imagine it being a great function place when people go there at night, to dance, chat and have fun! Just a shame that again, I find it deserted.

Right outside the building was another nouveau feature, a water fountain! I'll say it again, they really have thought of everything! Even fireworks!



Weird animal statue award this week goes to the peacock spraying all it's plumes. It was actually very big, taller and wider (obviously) than my avatar. I get the feeling I've seen this before, but this was a quite detailed model, the texture mapping for the plume patterns really convincing.




A little bit further on, I found another very out of the ordinary setup. You had to travel up using a warp but upon reaching the top, mist, fog or just general spookiness amassed what was a huge pirate ship, Captain Hook, Black Pearl styley! There were also some ghost like figures hovering in the air around it. Lost souls? I thought it was great though! Somebody deserves credit!

Last but not least, in all, I can probably describe this trip today as being a bit out of the ordinary. I fought I'd found another weird animal statue, but no, this was even more strange. It was a donkey with a donations box in front of it. When you click on the action button, it offers the ability to make a donation, or collect the change. Ha, obviously, as everybody probably tries, I clicked on collect change, but alas, that's a priviledge only reserved for owners. I wonder where I can get myself a begging donkey statue?


@

No comments: