Thursday 31 January 2008

avatar design #3 possible design route

I've done several sketches all around the big grin idea, bright eyes idea. I gained inspiration from a game on Wii I actually have, called mysims.

Here the characters are all cartoony, and I think this would work well as a premise for my avatar. Virtual Ash wouldn't be out of place in Simsville, for example, he will be brightly coloured. Cartoons have connotations associated too, they promote our childhoods when we had fun, and life wasn't worrisome. -Pretty much how I like life to be!


Each of these images use different variation on eyes, mouth and eyebrows. I worry this may all be in vain though, as I may not be able to get such accuracy, for example, the eyes, using 3D Max and needing to create 3D objects not 2D. I would hope you could, and can think of ways, but it may not make a discernible difference. In the least, these designs can provide scope for the general look of the smile and eyes i intend for.
This next thing is a little side I came up with after thinking it needed a bit more developing. I'm a real TV drama boff so tried to think of a way of reflecting this. It's quite futuristic but there are glasses that portably let you watch video etc, so I thought that I could draw the technology and TV aspect together here. It may work, it may not. Fingers crossed though, things will go well.

The light bulb idea is meant to represent my thoughts. I have included quite a few components, for example, the lightbulb is meant to show quick thinking, creativity. The word 'onomatopoeia' is to show spelling and in general, be a link to English reading and writing. The maths equation is meant to show logic in thinking, maybe intelligence too to solve it. The '1914' date represents my ability to remember things quite well. (You could have just read the notes around the outside of the drawing - went a bit over the top there! lol)


I also thought about the checkerboard idea. At first you could think it to be chess, or kitchen tiles. Random, I know. Then putting it all into perspective, we find it to be a MINI rooftop. This is a popular design choice for MINI, they have many designs used on the top, hoping to reflect a bit more character in the car. The car itself could be a toy version, but ideally, I'd like it to be a real one, as it is my favourite car. It is a car that has been in my life from the start, in the form of the older, more compact version! Also, I like what it stands for - MINI is fun, well designed, packing character.



Thinking on it though, my original intention was to include all these various bits into one avatar. That may make it all a bit too over the top, trying to portray too many of my qualities. I could carry additional ideas over to the showcase needed in part 2 of the module. As I've found out from the FAQ, selecting one of these designs will function on its own as an avatar. Looks like that'll be the way forward.

@

No comments: