Wednesday 20 February 2008

there.com #11

My trek today has, in truth, been very long... and honestly, quite boring.
I decided to set off, leaving the shores I knew and go explore, Christopher Columbas style. So I jumped on my hoverboard and headed sea ward.



The sea went on...
and on...
and on.

But to cut a long story short, eventually, I found new land!



It was big, barren and quite eerie too! (look at these trees)



Clicking on the aerial view showed me that this new place was MASSIVE. I actually sat with the forward key pushed down, whilst I did something else to just cut down the huge distance I needed to travel to get anywhere!

On the way to the greenery, and I hoped civilisation, I saw a thoughts board. It reminded me of the Encounters guest lecture we had yesterday. Posters are encouraged to leave their thoughts on a random topic. Obviously, what with this being the internet, some people put stupid comments, but in between, obviously there's something inciteful. The topic I foung, as can be seen, was War/Economics.



For saying this was a largely unfrequented place, there were the hover board zones that pop up all over there. I tried to get into one to have a fly around (OK, I know that's what I'd been doing since I started my trip today) but for whatever reason, little old me was allowed entry. My hover board got wedged in the invisible barrier, and starting smoking as it tussled with trying to get in. I would like to say something spectacular like it blew up into a thousand tiny shards... but what with the virtual world being quite P.C. it simply just kept smoking!



So after retrieving it and following my map north, I at last chanced upon some greenery. In a word, it was all nice and lush.



There were bamboo trees which I haven't seen before.



Also, I saw some quite familiar trees!



After what felt like a lifetime, I chance upon a little village at the bottom of a gorge, past a Japanese peace garden. My luck was in, because somebody was actually in, at the club card playing house.



But instead of sitting down and playing a game of spades (thinking on it now, maybe I should have, to try to win some therebucks!) the two men in there were quite helpful. They seemed to be a bit like mods, asking if I needed any help, any questions etc. Maybe they were mods, jumping to action in response to my newbie outfit!

Anyway, they offered me the opportunity to go to a rental park, where they themselves, had picked out cars and so on. My mind thought houses when they first said, but then good old jet pack came to mind!



So I took a trip in their flying car! (Ha, this was the one and only time that Say No, Never Go - stranger danger worked out by not following that such rule!) We landed somewhere randomly and then I perused what there was to offer!



They had a fox styled jet pack. When you put it on, it gives you a furry, mane like head. Running down your back in a tail, which goes with the yellow flames that blast you up, up, up and away!


Another cool option was the flying dragon! A novel idea, it was sculpted well. I just didn't give it chance to load it's texture, as there was too much choice going around!


So all in all, this blog actually seems quite a quick trip, but in reality, it took about two hours plus!
I am so thankful for the teleport button to get me other places in under a jiffy! You might say that the option to rent two of these vehicles out, sort of cancelled the bore that was the go explore expedition I started on. I'm still veering towards the zzz. Obviously I've been doing this for quite a number of weeks now so everything can't be all so new and all so exciting, but...
Unluckily for me, I haven't even got the option to add this island, this place to my favourites - that ability is part of the explorer pack, and as you've no doubt guessed, that costs money! So I'll just have to hope that my new cool jet pack isn't retrieved by it's new owner before I get a chance to play with it next time!
Adios,
@

No comments: