Friday 1 February 2008

avatar design #4 environment sketches&ideas

The pencil has made more contact with the paper and this time its been about location.

The original ideas I noted down I've attempted to put into a visual form, coming up with actual items that could feature in the environment.





I actually found it harder than I had at first thought. I can picture a busy bustling city in my head, but when it comes to drawing, I had to think of the actual content!

My favourite idea, when brain storming was the games arcade, however this seems quite a limited idea looking at it now. I can basically put a computer in, some games arcades, a TV and thats where it ends. The island one would be quite feasible, but maybe a little bland? Saying that, can a desert island be unappealing?

I added a new one in the form of a fayre or circus type thing - general bright lights, excitement, fun. This has potential and is in keeping with the identity theme.
I've also added one where there are hundreds of Tv screens in the back, all bright, eyecatching colours, perhaps playing a single video clip, or maybe various different clips on different tellys. In all, it's the sort of set up you have in Currys etc and it's hard not to be attracted to the bright flashing lights!


...There maybe something much simpler though that I'm missing? At least I've got a few ideas to play with. I think I'll let the incubation period set in.


@

No comments: