Sunday 17 February 2008

there.com #10

Ive had yet another enjoyable journey around there.com. This time I focused on the area around Zephyr. I don't know if it was cos the internet was quicker today, but I managed to find and see quite a few new things which I can't recall being there before.

First things first, the place looked similar to the wild wild west. It had cactus (should that be cacti?) galore and lots and lots of sandy plain land.



Unlike the wild west however, was this rocket! Just plonked down, minding it's own business. On closer inspection I found an alien like creature sitting outside, which you could sit on... I guess for that perfect photo opportunity outside the rocket?! lol.



I went inside the rocket but it wasn't up to that much. A ladder let you climb up several levels and once you got the top you could just look through the windows at the view. However, it did show me where I was going to go next...



You see them in films all the time, so I couldn't resist trecking over a rickety, maybe deadly bridge! This one was quite big as well, so the gorge must have been massive. Luckily for me, the camera angle wouldn't stray too far from my avatar so I didn't have to worry about looking over the sides and accidentally plummeting to my death! ha



Once I got to the other side there was more weirdness to come!


This massive car was just placed, hovering above the ground and underneath, a teleporter which offered the chance to go inside the tC club. I guess that may have something to do with the make of the car?

It was actually pretty cool inside. It was modelled to be similar to the interior of a car (not really surprising I supppose!)



But the neat thing was the hot tub!



Again, it would have been more fun if there were actually people there, but I thought this was a neat feature to have! Who knows, maybe I was sitting in the car's cupholder?

After finding the exit, I wandered back to the center of the 'town' and new additions loaded up for me to play with. The first of which I've seen other people wearing, but thinking all the same, why are they wearing them?

It turns out they are pink Super Bunnies slippers, and although you look an fool, as shown in the demonstration placard, you can run like the wind! I think it'd be a worthwhile compromise, you actually nipped about a lot quicker.



There were a few tryout booths around the place to change your outfit. I tried out a black outfit, thinking for the 600 seconds I was permitted, I wouldn't be blasted by a paintballer, or run over by a buggy. I also got myself a pirate eye patch, and then also a black contact lense. Looking at the photo, it make my eye look worse, not better!



Last but not least, I actually came across this room very early on in my travel today, but thought I'd leave it till last. Whilst pasting my photos into paint and so on, loading information screens about the area, I seemingly gave the internet time to fully load a room I was in.

This is probably the first time I've let it do this (bad I know, but I don't like hanging around, I like exploring!) and so, for me, I was impressed with the result. The ceilings are arched, with beams, along with a very subtle but pleasing colour scheme. I liked the fireplace with authentic fire, even the skirting boards and window sills - it just all make this a really nice looking environment. Maybe not intended, it did however remind me of a old people's home where they all sit round and play cards!!



@

No comments: