Monday 11 February 2008

avatar design #6 glasses sketches

I've been thinking, and am happy to go with my avatar being the snazzy, cool (but at the end of the day) video glasses.

Following my sunglasses research, I've had a go at putting a few designs onto paper, focusing on the lense shape and then the arms which attach on the side. I'm not a drawer. I'm not that good at it, so these are just to put my ideas, albeit, very roughly, onto paper.

There seem to be two sections, seperate lensed frames (i.e. x2), or a single lense. It is the latter I'm more interested in.



These designs I personally don't favour. To me, they seem quite old fashioned, possibly due to the two lense design. The first picture just seems the boxy type, thick lenses Chris Evans wore, for example. No offence made, but it's just not me! One thing I can see though is that the thicker arm on the side is a recent look, contemporary, and so one I could use.




These on the other hand are the ones I can see doing something with. As can be seen, there are variations of the thickness of the arms, and at this stage, I can't really pick one over another. They just seem to go with the lense shape used. I much prefer the fluid curves and completeness of the lense, it's a look that is contemporary, stylish, modern. I can picture glassy, or shiny reflective lenses, and then white frames, black frames.

Next, I'll have to come up with a firm decision on location, and then, put some 3d tests into action.

@

No comments: