Tuesday 5 February 2008

there.com #7

Alas, it cannot be all fun and games forever in the virtual world of there.com. I started off by looking in my inventory for my new favourite item-the jet pack, and to my dismay, it had been removed. Looks like the mystery owner decided to recall it back, ah well, you can't expect it to last forever.

Soooo, I decided to make use of my other item, the devil wings. However, upon jumping in somebodys buggy, (thinking about it in retrospect, quite rude of myself) he then rudely told me to "GET OUT" "GET OUT"! So I apologised, jumped out, and as is the way it seems, he ran me over. I thought I'd give him a dual, race him or fly around his car by putting on my wings. He beat me to it though, AGAIN. He rammed into me and I was sent spinning in the air, whilst he drove off and the wings were nowhere to be seen! Gone, without a trace :( So I had to walk places... and compare that to the fun of flying, and well, it was quite boring!

So I teleported to a previous haunt I'd visited and found a bunch of people sitting round talking. It was the general chit chat, how is everyone, anything happened etc. There were a few exceptions, in the form of a man whose chest was covered in a massive tattoo! And then somebody had a flaming cocktail! It makes me wonder whether there's a vending machine somewhere in there.com that serves flaming cocktails too! (I wouldn't put it past them)




I didn't really know what to say in the conversation, so decided to try and get a bit of empathy. A girl came up and decided to sit next to me, thereafter learning about my mishap with the lost items. And what do you know, there is kindness in the virtual world! She lent me her own jet pack! Wahoo, back to the skies I go!




I also experienced weather today, which was kinda unexpected! It snowed! And then the stars came out, lighting up the night sky. A nice touch nonetheless. The virtual world really does have everything.



I tried on a tester outfit again, this time the choice being "eyecandy". Again it was only a 600 second sample, so I didn't have to endure jokes regarding my clothes choices! lol


And last but not least, I decided to sign up for a sort of treasure hunt quest. I found it on 'Thearean hotties' island, which contrary to the name was actually quite picturesque. The dusk filled sky slowly fading out, yet it was nice all the same and something I'd not yet experienced. The reward is 500 there bucks, which would be nice, as I'd like to buy a house, or build something. From the clue in the picture, I'll need to get a nice aerial view of the islands... and that means one thing - rocket fuelled fun! hehe



So on my return next time I'll hopefully have some treasure hunting joy to tell you about. Then again, how fleeting things last in this dot com business, it'll be gone before I even get a chance!

@

No comments: