Monday 7 January 2008

ive not got a secondlife, but im there.com

Right, so new year, new update on the blog! Back at uni now so time to commence the creativity once again!

We were told at the end of last term to get ourselves a second life... its a virtual world where you can travel, meet people, build and create stuff (or so i think!) However, upon trying to register about 5 times i kept being rejected by the Lindon company or whoever makes it, so I've had to find somewhere else to live virtually... and that is there.com.


My first experience of it is that its very much like the Sims, but online. You wander around, play with things, such as buggy races, or hoverboards, or visit people's places!


So far I've met a helpful character in the form of Kryllen. I was introduced to there, showed the ropes and added Kryllen so if any help is needed, I can always instant message him.. or her, I never asked! lol


As of my first voyage, having spent a couple of hours, I've met a few randomers and raced around in random buggys! I've been to places such as Perfection, iMetropolis, Coca-Cola Metro, and this randomer called Billy 9401 just rode anywhere and everywhere in his buggy. And when I say that its the truth: we went up mountains vertically... simply cos you can!



I'll update about my treks into the potentially vast virtual world regularly, so everything that cracks off in there.com over the next few days and weeks you can find here...
One last thought before I go, it's mad how you can't even use the therebucks money in the real world, but still, people plough loads of their own money into this VR. I saw on Secondlife that today over $1M had been spent in America. Weird!! (But then also a highly profitable venture if you were to make a VR yourself!)
@

No comments: