Sunday 20 January 2008

3d objects

Between the last seminar introducing 3d max and the next, I've had a little play around, trying to familiarise more with the layout of the program and try my hand at modelling.

It is quite tricky taking into consideration all the viewpoints, particularly where exactly object x is, in relation to object z. In the 'front' panel, the eyes I placed looked perfectly positioned, i.e. sitting on the face. However looking at 'left' panel reveals they are miles apart, never mind perfectly alligned!

Smiley face & Funky box/shelf

I started playing around originally thinking these circles would be eyes, but then on finding all the effects I could apply, decided to just play around with their movement... yet again, I've come back to my old fav - motion graphics!

Quite looking forward now to next weeks session. Ha, I'd like to say Toy Story here we come, but I know that we're a million miles away from making something as cool and professional as that and will probably never make something as cool and professional as that.

@

No comments: