Friday 22 January 2010

SPP3 - employment - web designer

After a search on the DirectGov site, I was surprised to find some reasonable offers out there. Optimum Websites are looking for a web designer.



Advantages:

  • Requires skills that I have experience in - HTML, PHP, Flash
  • The flexible nature of the role would make for a more independently driven working pattern
  • Opportunity to work from home
  • Wage is reasonable at £10 ph
  • Could commute from my family home
  • I could bring fresh ideas to the company, with modern design skills etc, confirmed by some of the designs in their portfolio


Disadvantages:
  • At 10-15 hours a week, it wouldn't be enough for a salary - £7800 (including tax)
  • My experience with PHP has been brief, so could find myself feeling a little incompetent. However, I am willing to invest and learn
@

No comments: