Sunday 17 January 2010

Client - Logo #5

A request came in from my client to try an offshoot design. The request was simple - the company name within a foot. Initially I was a little wary of this, after conducting market research it was quite a common logo and the majority of the time, wasn't done that well.
This first one used a handwritten typeface to try and put over a personal, non corporate look. Sue really liked the orange, so I kept this. My only doubt is whether 'by Sue' needs to be made larger and more legible/noticeable.

The latest draft now uses Trashand, it has a quirky look, informal and I like the subtle gradient, which in some respects does make it look like it's been written on the sole of the foot with a tippex pen.
I realised that using this logo would alter the possibilities in the web design. A minimalist, modern design springs to mind, and so I shall put this logo into effect, to see it in action now.

I'll post Photoshop mock ups of these designs next.

@

No comments: