Monday 4 January 2010

Live Client - Logo #2

The second logo design attempts to pursue a more traditional foot themed look. Being green it should provide connotations with natural, earthy things, whilst the circle in which the text sits reminds me of the lid of a product you would get from the Body Shop.

Interestingly, it was through the research of the Body Shop that I found the typeface they use for their marketing, TrashHand. I like the scribbly nature, it helps build the look of a personal, non-mass market company.
I decided to insert the footprint graphic so that it adds a little character to the logo, and helps reinforce the nature of the company. The logo with a complete foot works better than the first, I believe.

The only area I believed in need of a little more attention was 'Sue'. I had attempted to continue the personal look by employing a handwritten typeface, yet these didn't quite fit with the 'Footworks' heading above.

I liked the outer glow in the first iteration, which highlights and emphasises Sue's name, but it could have done with toning down a little, so I did. This has provided me with the latest revision of logo design #2.
@

1 comment:

william's art workshop said...

Oh nice man!!!
I have a shop where you can buy new logos as well as sell your logos.
Just visit the site at www.darshakshah.cc.cc

Also i have a blog where we can share our experience.
Thank you.
http://darshakshah.paidtoblog.com