Sunday 3 January 2010

Live Client - Logo #1

The first look I went for was quite simple, but inspired by the now popular Rockwell typeface.
Clarks have recently been using this a lot and so I thought that if people could associate a renowned shoe maker with this brand then it would be complimentary.

Initially I envisioned a sort of credit card shaped logo with a subtle, but nice gradient effect. The handwriting typeface I thought adds the feminine, personal touch that Footworks by Sue will provide.




I switched through a variety of colours to see what could be gained. Of them all, I think the last is very much akin to that of Spotify, whilst the blues did admittedly look OK, but feel somewhat colder and cooler. The website needs to be inviting so these would not fit.


I altered the shape to a square and lowered the text. This box form now gives a stronger presence, being solid and the equal "white-space" above and below the company name creates an aesthetic balance.


Notably, it was requested that the site didn't appear too flowery, so although I tried the pink, it was just for reference. Indeed I felt it would be more suited to a box of chocolates type of product/look.

A little more refinement has brought me onto a potential logo that I am happy with. The orange is bright, and would draw attention on the page. Furthermore, compared with the blues, it feels a lot warmer and thereby more inviting. I think I like this design also as it is not something that you would expect for a reflexology/pedicure type service, where clinical or medical jade green is common.


@

No comments: