Tuesday 16 March 2010

PRP - artifact #5 - pseudo-iPhone design

As part of my experimentation into App creation, I have come across a great plugin called JQTouch. This basically packages Javascript/Jquery and allows the animations and also graphic based components of an Apple styled iPhone app.

After much fiddling with the CSS, (opting to make my own stylesheet rather than using the one provided) I've discovered that far more advanced tags can be used. This is due to the mobile Safari browser being compliant with CSS3. Having tested this previously, I realise I have missed a number of tags out. That, or they weren't around when I tested them? Probably the former.

For example, CSS3's border-image.


This tutorial provides a great way to become familiar with the technique. I needed it after having issues with the left pointing Back arrow.

@

No comments: