Friday 5 March 2010

PRP - artifact #4 - hover/active/visited hyperlink states

It comes as no surprise that a:hover doesn't work on touch screen. Your finger hovers all the time!



However, after some pre-user testing, I'm now surprised to find that a:active, or a:visited doesn't work either on the mobile browsers!


What they should see - red for active link


What they see - greyed out area


This means my CSS styling fails to replicate a button being pushed down.


Another limitation to mobile browser renders.

------------

Instead, then, I will have to head into a territory that isn't 100% guaranteed - Javascript onmousedown and onmouseup. I found before that Lightbox implementation wasn't always achieved, and so advised against any alternate coding languages/plugins.

However, in light of the active state predicament, I have no choice but to try!

@

No comments: