Monday 1 March 2010

Client - book now buttons

The more I look at the word 'book' the more I feel like saying it like those up North.

In terms of suitability, I tried a range of suitable fonts:

Vag Rounded

Georgia

Nilland (the typeface used in the main design)

Steinem (popular free typeface doing the rounds at the minute)

---------------

These seemed a little too boxy, so I rounded the corners:

As can be seen I also tried using the contrasting green as I thought these buttons are important features on the page and so would suit being highly contrasted.

--------------------


I think these may prove too contemporary and not formal enough for the site, but I'm pleased with the peeled sticker look. If not used here, always useful on a different project. They would certainly stand out on the page, helped by the big bold type.

-------------

Shall forward to the client as part of a mock up to see which she likes the look of.

@

No comments: