Wednesday 22 October 2008

Google Chrome

There were a few utterances in our Web Design session about Google Chrome. My first reaction was what? Another Google application, but for what, I didn't have a clue. The name doesn't really give it away as much as Google Earth, or Google Mail. Nor does it's logo, pokeball anyone?



Well I looked into it, and at first though, 'Oh, just a browser.' But since, I have downloaded and I'm suitably impressed! What it has to offer is good, being Open Source means there'll surely be advances from all over.

It's quick, quicker than what I've experienced with IE7, Firefox! Furthermore, I really like it's integrated URL/search box. You type what you want and it brings up the address if you've previously entered it, or shows some of the Google search results. Intuitive. (That's the second time I've said that today!)

Unforunately it isn't available for you Mac Monkies yet, so you'll have to trust me. I think it is a nice addition to the browser wars. It feels sturdy. 

If you've got Windows, (or even a Windows partition ;D) give it a try. You can't go wrong, it's FREE!

@

No comments: