Thursday 26 March 2009

David's typography world

http://www.visibleart.net/david/temp/ntu/flash/typo49.swf

 

Check it out. He's kind of one of our own, and he's added great visual design to his repetoire. Not only can he do PHP, but he knows good typography too.

I really like how the sun, for example, has been fashioned to represent one, using just the words. The varying sizes of the type too make this really interesting. Even the tiny detail of how the man runs, still incorporating just typography, is fluid and impressive. He fades in colour when losing life. That's a simple but great touch.

A month or so ago I criticised an effort from Honda for being too bland. This time though, David just seems to have got it right. I don't know what it is I love about typography so much, perhaps it's just the beauty of words and the respective typeface, but I definitely credit this example.

In all, this is great. It definitely deserves recognition.

@

2 comments:

Steven Bailey said...

I agree, what an awesome concept!

Is there anything this man can't do?!

Steven Bailey said...

How are you adding the swf files to your blog?