Thursday 8 January 2009

Wordpress

Over the holidays the task was to get Wordpress up and running.

As far as I was aware, Wordpress was just another variant of blogger, but with more user modifications available, as in, could take the system's workings and install personally.

So, on learning that I could and Shaun wanted us to try, I had a go at installing on my own server, which comes courtesy of the package I use, provided by one.com. I got as far as logging into phpmyadmin, but from then on it was all a bit over my head/ I don't have that much know how for php so didn't manage to create a new database.

So, using the simpler online version, I managed to set one up, and then tried some CSS changes.



The difficult thing I found was knowing what each of the CSS tags referred to. Having not made the site, I wasn't sure what each tag specifically covered. So it was a case of random changes to the colour, size, font etc on any random tag.

@

No comments: