Friday 23 January 2009

Kitty Cannon - Flash mini game

I used to play this game way back at school, in I.T., when obviously I should have been making spreadsheets etc. But what with the requirement to make a mini game in Interaction, it brought the hilarious memories back.

It's premise is simple - launch the cat into the air with a rocket and see how far it can fly. Obviously there are obstacles along the way - namely Venus fly traps, dynamite, razor sharp spikes! It's this cruel humour that makes the game devlishly fun

Again, the controls are really simple too - the only input required from the user is to position the cannon and then press fire (space bar) in time with how powerful they want the shot. The rest is wicked fun to watch.

Don't believe me? Have a go yourself. 

It's the repeat process of trying to better the score that keeps users coming back. 

Furthermore, I think a great amount of success would come from the viral aspect that it seems perfect for - "Have you seen the cartoon cat game where it can be blasted high in the sky by dynamite?" Importantly, I think the cartoon nature of this game pulls it back from having too drastic a reaction from the audience.

Several pointers (in bold) that I can take from this and definitely worth bearing in mind when deciding on a design for my mini game.

@

1 comment:

Steven Bailey said...

Havent seen this one before- didn't realise your cat hatred lay so deep. Impressive.