Thursday 22 January 2009

Favicons - so that's what they're called

Anyone noticed the little g that now sits alongside the address bar has changed for Google?


Well the good old technology section of BBC News has done an article on it. Personally, I preferred the blue g on white, rather than this rather AVG anti virus protection look-a-like



However, Google are open to submissions, so I could always have a go myself?

What I find most interesting are the comments about branding in the future being a consistently changing thing, i.e. don't get used to something. For me, a person who doesn't like change, but instead much prefer little bits of tarting up, this may prove an issue. Does this mean in the future that me using the brand I have for my portfolio etc will be seen as archaic if it's still the same look in a years time? I hope not! 

@

No comments: