Friday 12 February 2010

SPP3 - employment - web designer #5

I did a search on the jobsite, and it proved a worthwhile experience. I always tended to go for jobcentre or directgov, but this one provided alternate results.




Web Designer with a sound portfolio of quality Front-End design using tools such as CSS, Flash, Actionscript etc sought by well known Media Design agency with offices in Rugby and Covent Garden, London.

A talented Web Designer with really decent people skills is sought to join a young and dynamic team, the position requires strong team working skills, an ability to meet deadlines, good problem solving ability and a great eye for detail.

Your technica skills should include the following:
- HTML / CSS (Handcoding)
- Dreamweaver
- Flash / ActionScript
- Photoshop
- Javascript
Main Responsibilities
- Site maintenance
- New Site Builds

Our client can offer really in-depth and rewarding project work for major and well-known brand names and as such your career here will flourish, as will your portfolio!

Apply now to hear more!

Rubgy - Warwickshire - West Midlands - commutable from Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham, Leamington, Stratford, Birmingham and surrounding areas.

£17 - 20k a year, depending on experience + Bonus + 22 Days Holiday

-----------

Advantages:

I have now gotten to the stage where I am familiar and competent to hand code, obviously this is difficult to prove unless tested, but I feel that I would be competent enough to stand up to such a test!

The main responsibilities sounds exactly like what I have been doing alongside my course: freelancing, building new sites and then managing and updating them. I can provide several testimonials ratifying this. The additional work often included setting up domains/hosting, building new CSS driven designs from scratch, tuition on using the content management system, in addition to original branding such as company logos which were subsequently used for letterheads, business cards and the website.

As can be seen through the previous SPP3 posts, I pride myself on time management/organisation and an attentive nature means that designs are always considered and whole-heartedly invested in, backed up by diligence, and enthusiasm for my craft .

My additional commercial work experience, working on the customer service lines for the Passport Services, Swine Flu and Setanta Sports means I have developed sound communication skills, able to converse with clarity to an array of different people, and in response listen attentively, interpreting customer needs well.


Disadvantages:

Rugby is a little trek from home, but with the reasonable renumeration package on offer (£17-20K) this should more than cover commuting costs.

A slight downside is that I am a recent newcomer to the capabilities of Javascript, yet as with all new scripting languages, a decent attempt to understand and implement means that after one project, I am confident to continue pursuing and learning the new language. I am a good learner, able to pick things up quickly and commit them to memory.

@

No comments: