Monday 1 February 2010

SPP3 - employment -graphic web designer #4

This next role is more graphics oriented, but with web responsibilities as well. When I come to think on it, a large part of what I do is graphics anyway. I don't just put together the site, I create the visuals and graphics that go into it.



Advantages:
  • Alongside a keen attention to detail in my technical output, I pride myself on strong aesthetics. Being a new graduate, I should have the fresh, optimistic drive that could assist the company progressively, introducing contemporary techniques and modes of working I have learnt through degree study.
  • I've recently become proficient and explorative with Wordpress which this job advertisement lists as the company's primary CMS. I can therefore fulfil this job requirement whilst continuing to expand and explore within the role - gaining for both myself and the company by increasing revenue with more advanced projects.
  • I am also an accomplished user of Photoshop, with continued experience in image optimization - it is an important role in web design, so to enable quick loading pages.
Disadvantages:
  • Market Harborough is a little while away from home, but if it meant getting myself on the career ladder it would be a worthwhile investment to make. The advertisement mentions the opportunity to build yourself in graphic and web work, which I am increasingly looking forward to as graduation draws closer, bettering my technical prowess and capabilities I can provide for the company, taking on more advanced roles. With web, you are never done learning, so should these opportunities be available, I would take them whole heartedly.

No comments: