Monday 1 February 2010

SPP3 - employment - web designer #3

A job search today has resulted in an exciting opportunity in Northampton.

I used totaljobs.com to search for available positions, you can view the job information.


Advantages:
  • Working within an agency environment is something I have experienced and agree with. I much prefer the idea of "going to work" - a place in which to be professionally creative. Furthermore, agencies tend to be much smaller than large corporations, and so enables strong relations with co-workers, increasing productivity through inspiration and assistance - something my amiable and approachable persona lends well to
  • Great renumeration package - £25K
  • Multi-project management is something I can demonstrate to handle well. Being a disciplined and organised worker the concurrent modules I am undergoing in my degree act as perfect evidence of project management
  • I can more than happily provide the capabilities they seek - XHTML and CSS being my key area of expertise and preference, backed up by a strong eye for design (required), utilising contemporary techniques within Photoshop or Illusrator (required)
  • A strong attention to detail, which I enact, is good in a commercial environment - not missing any detail means clients requests are suitably catered for, whilst also meaning errors are limited, not wasting time, or money, alongside proving necessary for validation and accessibility (required) by being able to pinpoint solutions to problems

Disadvantages:

  • Northampton would require a trek up and down the M1 everyday, so it would mean early starts and not getting home until early evening. However, being an organised individual means this isn't a problem, for example, getting up on time and being ready to leave

No comments: