Sunday 2 December 2007

interactive narrative - testing

Well, it happens with everything I do! Surprise surprise, there is a glitch in the programming, meaning something I've written isn't working correctly.

I know exactly where the problems lies, but cannot fathom out why it isn't following my code which counteracts the error. Flash automatically just jumps through all the frames you've included, sort of like a slideshow. What is normally required is to enter "stop ()" into the coding and it recognises that it shouldn't move on. With the links embedded in the buttons, when the user clicks this it then takes them to the next page.

However, mine just simply plays all the frames, slideshow stylee and I just don't why! The code is exact on each and every slide's action settings?

Will have to call on Jools for this.

UPDATE:

Right, well seminar on Tues I found out that I wasn't on my own. Natalie's Flash worked but then decided to go loop de loop like mine. Jools couldn't fathom out what was the cause, only that it may be to do with the coding.

So I have to admit, the one and only way I knew how to fix the problem was to start again. Checking the coding proved that the error didn't lie there, so I have spent today doing it all again. Every single frame, text caption and image. And its been worth the while - it now works!! YAHOO!!

@

No comments: