Sunday 9 December 2007

interactive narrative - re testing

Well, the reports are in and Suburbia needed a few tweeks here and there.


Firstly, I have learnt that the text box option doesn't wrap the text. In the editing mode, when you get to the edge of the line it places the next word on the line below. However, in preview and publishing mode it simply disappears outside of the box. This is the first instance of what I needed to alter.

Secondly, the sound clips for some reason wouldn't always start at the very beginning. I couldn't reason or find out why this was, maybe it is something Flash has a special way of altering, but it definitely proved a problem when trying to get the clips to all play properly. Luckily, it didn't prove too much a problem as I had left some blank space at the start of all these dialogue clips, so it only meant having to alter the dialogue text that accompanied the frame.

The last occasion in which I needed to alter the piece was that the dialogue boxes I used at the start were transparent. At the time of making them, I could read the text and all was legible. However, through testing I found that you couldn't make everything out. This was solved simply, by selecting the option to frame and fill the box and thereby make it all viewable.

Now all that's left to do is publish in the two formats (html and swf) and the job as they say, is a good un!

@

No comments: