Wednesday 24 October 2007

SPP1 Homework

From the blogs I've posted since beginning the course, here are a few examples of analytical/critical viewpoints I've made on various items.

WEBDESIGN:

"Some of the difficulties whilst making the site was that you have to save your work to get it to refresh on IE7 or Firefox. When you change some of the XHTML or CSS and then have a look, it either sometimes doesn't work at all, or isn't what you wanted - it's then sometimes proves difficult to easily get the page back to how it was before!"

"I like the colour scheme; when you hover over the links on the left hand side the colours invert- you find designs like this on proper, pubished sites. Overall I think it has a clear, clean cut design - just what web design should be."

STOP MOTION ANIMATION:

"Being brutally honest, it is no way of standard, it isn't even amateur. I see this as just a tester, a first go at dipping my toe in the water of stop motion animation. So bear this in mind!"

"(do things in tiny steps, don't do big jumps, even if frustrating and time consuming, its worth it in the end. don't shake the camera all over the place, it really tells when watching ensemble) It is with these such pointers that I can develop further to make even better sharp, witty animation sketches in the future."

WHITEBOARD ANIMATION:

"Points fed in by myself and the other teammates sometimes fell to deaf ears, perhaps for the better, yet on the other hand it does make you think of how different you as an individual would like it to turn out, in comparison to how it eventually turned out from a group's effort."

PIN HOLE PHOTOGRAPHY:

"The first shot came out quite well in my opinion: it wasn't blurred, you can see something in it and I hadn't gotten fingerprints etc all over it in the dark room! It has to it almost a brooding, ominous feel you could say - horror film type setting."

Just a few opinions/comments there, as can be seen, quite a bit to say!

@

No comments: