Sunday 7 October 2007

"lets start at the very beginning"

Welcome week is all but done so now the last little thing to do (apart from catch up on much needed sleep!) is to create my first post.

On my Multimedia course I really hope to get involved and learn about all the technology there is available to use; hardware: cameras, video cameras, mics, projectors, but also the many pieces of software for photos, videos, sound, websites, games, design. -Not just to simply learn, but to be able to employ with great results, exploit to great effect - "all in the name of art!"

In addition, the potential to put all the ideas I have into a real form, due to the nature of the course, but also because I now have the time, and chance to, I am really looking forward to. Being with creative likeminded people means potential - collaborating with peers, where we can plan, work and then rework ideas to get the best final product. On the other side of this though, the chance to develop on my own, developing my individual potential, is a great attraction because I like doing 'my own thing'. - A help or a hindrance, I don't know yet, but will no doubt find out in due course. Lastly, and hopefully(!), the whole point of being here (apart from the fun) is to get a decent job at the end, so to further pinpoint the area to pursue a career; through my experience of the various topics on offer, finding my strengths and weaknesses etc, would be a real boon!

During the first week here at NTU, quite alot of it was spent, as expected, living a nocturnal life! Went out, dressed up in jungle fare, beach wear and Gill St branded t's, to the parties at the SU, the SU, and then again, at the SU! Oceana, Media Gatecrasher as well. The queues at the bar took ages though, walking home getting a drink and then coming back would have been quicker!

I joined the Film Society which stripped me of a tenner before I could sign my name on the dotted line! Picked up quite a few freebies from Freshers Fayre - great opportunity to stock me up on pens for the year! There was loads on to do, yet, I just didn't have the energy!! A 1 minute rest turned into a forty minute slumber! -Week two should be official rest week!

Well, that's more or less all for now...so until next time, OVER and OUT!

-@

No comments: