Friday 26 October 2007

"killer" shoes

Right, ive added music, chopped it and edited it here and there, added titles and Im happy with my little creation!

From the samples I mocked up in Photoshop, I like the 'diffuse glow effect' applied, again, as mentioned before, it gives it a sort of dreamy like surreal mood. Furthermore, the inclusion of sound always adds another dimension to the piece. There is the humour, where the song reflects the action on screen, but also it gives life, and a punch to the overall experience whilst watching. (My particular favourite part is the end, where I've doubled the last few shots up, meaning they appear as a pause on screen, and when the beat goes hand in hand with what's on screen - its rythmical and works well!)

The title screens also add a touch more humour as well. At the beginning "killer" is presumed to mean cool, ace. At the end however, it refers to the exploits the shoes have been up to!

I did find it quite a slow process cutting everything and pasting, due to the speed of my hardware and it having to deal with quite big video files. Getting the music to fit was quite an in depth process: making sure it fitted what was happening in the footage: a few microseconds earlier/a few microseconds later. The last little bug is that it all wizzes by incredibly quickly. This final cut has had the speed reduced down to 50% of 25fps, but still alot happens in a little time! The way to get around this in future would be to take more snaps of even slower movements, yet it is only after experiencing the whole photograph taking process that I was able to find this out to implement next time.

Nonetheless, this will be my first reference point when it comes to my first official tasked project and I've enjoyed the process - especially when you can see it all in one final piece -completed and so on. Hope you like!

Thanks must go to my group: Ross, Andria and Kane. Great ideas, acting(or should that be posing!), and shooting the snaps. Pretty much a cool team, cos it all worked!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice video displayed...But i love my nike shoes and they are my real friend in my life.....it comes wherever i go....lol