Friday 7 March 2008

there.com #16 - So long... farewell...

For the last time, ladies and gentlemen, the there.com ship has set sail and after this post, atlasalone will floated around needlessly in cyber space (unless I'm so bored that in 10 years I need to reminisce and remember the time I spent as a student!!) ha ha!
First of all, I have visited a new place now available on my Favourites, called Round the Rim. On landing, I couldn't really fathom it out - where was the rim? And I couldn't figure what was straight in front of me either? Any guesses? Tropical jail? Lion cage?
.
.
If you look at the enlarged thumbnail you'll be able to see that apparently it's Dragons lair. Now unless somebody is going to fly down from the sky landing with a flaming red mythical beast, I'm not going to believe this :P
.
.
The tropical jail idea wouldn't have been too unsuitable for this lot that I decided to chance my luck upon a decent conversation with. People can always be found at Cosmogirl village, and they always seem to be deep in a conversation each time I arrive on scene. This being the last there, I thought I'd at least try being sociable - I was sort of stunted when black_goddess sitting opposite me started spouting about her friend's drug addiction and how her four children have been taken away. Oh and I musn't forget that she's been on her own since she was 14, she's done weed and speed or whatever she mentioned, and now she knows about the world, she knows what its all about. I couldn't stick around listening to her "dis and dat, and dey and iz". I did chip in that not all the world is like that, to which she uttered something and asked if I "feel her". No I do not. Luckily I only have to come across her in the virtual world, maybe she's better off there!
.
By no means of a pun, I discovered quite a few little easter eggs in there. There was this actual easter egg at the top of a mountain...
.
.
There was this little gnome, just minding his own business. My avatar looked very happy sitting next to him, perched on his own rock. Not a clue why!!
.
.
Then there was the more surreal, you might even say cosmic?
This random board was next to a massive praying buddha. I couldn't interact with it at all, but it caught my eye and so did achieve something. Maybe some swinging 60s folk created this in a nod to their favourite tye dye ways?
.
.
Just behind the cosmic billboard in the same 'lot' was another bizarre addition. It's kinda a given really then. A massive tinted photo frame type thing. You can see from the pic that it's rose tinted - more swinging 60s? It reminded me of the advertising campaign Vue cinemas used where they had people looking through the frame and slogan 'enjoy the Vue' i.e. at the cinema. This frame certainly puts a different light, or should that be shader, or toner on things.
.
.
And before you say anything, no I wasn't still looking through the frame at these trees! They were pinky purpley and bright red. This is all quite normal in there don't you know, me being quite the quite experienced therean now, I've seen many a purple tree in my time!! lol
.
.
Lastly, a nice little catch I found was this airport and helepad setup. I thought at first that somebody had just made some massive big steel tents, but the bird eyes view revealed all (and the two massive H's painted onto the tarmac). It'd be cool if I'd caught people flying in and landing here - takes me back to my Flight Simulator 98 days!
.
.
Oh and I couldn't leave without an animal mention. Here is a bull, with massive horns standing in the sea. Why? I don't know. But it looks the American breed, so maybe the answer lies in our friends over the pond?
.
.
I learnt last time that I was now an Avid Boarder, so could partake in all sorts of hover board goodness. And dang nab it, it's on the last trip that I learn I can do tricks, Tony Hawks styley.
In the pics you can see me pulling of a 'scissor kick', a 'superman' and as confirmation of my amazingness on my board, my avatar punches his fist in the air once you land successfully!
Needless to say, it took quite a few attempts to pull these tricks off. No bumps and scratches on my avatar though, they haven't fought of those yet! :P
/


It's true to say that I've been quite a few places in the last 12 weeks. I started off with a marginally small choice of digs to visit. Now though, that list has grew and grew, and I can visit (are you ready?) Bali Hai, Pool Narcissus, South Tiki Lookout Tower, Hover & Flutter, Slalom Ahead, Zephyr, Sorocco, Malihini, Karuna Plaza, Mirage, Ventrella Cafe... want me to go on? I get the hint!
.

And I didn't give up on my exploring ways that soon. I set myself a last little exploring challenge. I started at the bottom of a ma-hu-ssive mountain. My job, which I chose to accept, was to get myself all the way to the top. Who knows what sort of flags I'd find up there. (I'd pledge my bet on an American one, they're everywhere!)

.
So quite a few air miles later, I reached the top and I was literally, on top of the world. (And yes I am slipping down the side in this picture - quite a plunge.)
.
.
On top of the mountain though, was a sign pointing out North, South, East and West. Hey, it would have been useful if I'd have found this before so I could have known which direction I was heading in, on my treks. Needless to say, the irony that lay in this construction piece showed that I had indeed come to a cross roads in my there.com life, and sadly folks, I didn't head North, South, East or West...
.
.
I headed out.

.
Mission accomplished.
.
@

No comments: