Sunday 4 April 2010

PRP - artifact #5 - first attempt at JQTouch

After a lot of playing around and reading up on the subject, I have made good progress in getting started with JQTouch.


Admittedly it was frustrating at first, yet thats the case for most new bits of technology that you try out.

Despite the package coming with a few pre-made CSS stylesheet, I decided it worthwhile to learn how to put a design myself and so made one from scratch myself. I can potentially now use this stylesheet in the future, for client work or commercial work.

It's got some nice new CSS in there:

Gradients - TICK


DROP SHADOWS - TICK


FIRST-CHILD and LAST-CHILD - TICK


ROUNDED CORNERS - TICK


These last two in particular proved a revelation. It means that through CSS I can do this:


And any menu options in between will ignore the rounded corners that I have applied to the first and last child in the menu list. It's geeky, but stuff like this I love!!

-----------

The dummy version that I have been playing around at uses the slide to the left animation that occurs frequently on the iPhone. And all thanks to JQTouch it works in any decent mobile browser!!

So those of you with iPhones or ipod Touch's, check out my first dummy run of using jQTouch. It'll not show you much but it works at least:


Onwards and upwards... Now to making my own design.

@

No comments: