Monday 12 November 2007

lights, camera... no action

Unfortunately, we weren't able to secure the booking of a studio room for today, meaning we couldn't film, as scheduled.

Whilst this is frustrating, it also means that we won't fully be able to make use of the seminar session tomorrow either, but there is now nothing we can do about it.

It isn't and won't be too much of a worry though - David is confirming a time and date when we will be able to set up and film the piece, hopefully now Thursday 15th November, when all members can attend and be in full form to 'nail it'!


In the meantime, as I've had a free day, I've been sharpening my video editing skills making a fun 3 minute piece about one of the girls in my flat.

I've learnt how to get the images on screen to match that of the sound playing, its simply a case of looking at the peeks and troughs of the sound wave of the music file. It now is much easier, and a lot less tedious than having to play through a piece 10 times to get it in time, as I've previously done in the past! Also, the way I chop the frames in turn with the music I think I've bettered myself with. It's just a case of playing around with several different techniques and finding the best one, a more effective and productive one.

So today hasn't been a complete waste, I've learnt something new today!

Over and out...

@

No comments: