Saturday 3 November 2007

all about the art

For SPP, we've been asked to find an example of what art is, and what art isn't.



This for me IS art. Graffiti is perceived as a nuisance and created by youths, but on the other hand, it is one of the best examples of raw talent and creativity, whilst being aesthetically pleasing, contemporary and dynamic.


This, meanwhile, for me, ISN'T art, but what do I know, it won the Turner Prize in 2001!! Martin Creed's 'The Lights Going On and Off' is an example of where people can question the defintion of art. To me, it's an empty room with a flashing light - it isn't artistic - it just is what it is. So much to say, if this is classified as exemplorary and award winning 'art', maybe just about anything can be art! Even my scrawls!
That's all for now...
@

No comments: