Friday 13 November 2009

Icon stock image resource

One of the areas of interest for my PRP involves user interface (UI). About Face 3 has so far been a deep, detailed source of information for this.

A specific chapter covered the use of iconography. Personally, this is something I think that could prove helpful for my project, however after reading, I heed the recommendation of not utilising a purely image based navigation scheme, as a textual duplicate of the information is necessary too for beginner or brand new users of your site.


Today I found a great site called Icon Archive by mistake. It provides the stock imagery you would want when searching for a particular smaller sized image. Also, as far as I can see there are no fees, the icons I looked at seemed to be under a non-commercial licence


The images, transparent PNGS, are of a high quality and a reasonable size for icons (128x128).

Will definitely need to make a return trip when it comes to the artifacts stage of the research project.


@

No comments: