Friday 23 October 2009

Client - potential site themes

I have been thinking of possible routes to take my website down. Using teenagers as the core audience, there are several potential looks to take: risky, racy, cutesy or out there. Most of all what I think would be a great motivator to employ would be creating a sense of empowerment, or a quantifying statement. Teenage years are often looked on as being a time of finding yourself and expression.

A few ideas for titles I came up with were:


This sort of rebellion led look, particularly with the fist, uses a text message typeface and language to create a visual that feels strong and reaks of uprising. (The humorous irony therefore about buying songs properly etc, just adds to it.) Being fervent users of technology, I believe the "text speak" would have a good standing, appealing to teenagers.


This I like. It is quite striking, using three simple colours (black, white and red) and the sort of I HEART NY movement is a well known one. Furthermore, the alliterative nature of the Ls rolling off the tongue add another element. To a consumer it should be very simple to understand, but also holds more than one meaning - I love being inside the law, I love the quality of legal music/content.

It was then I thought that I could build on the Knock off Nigel campaign in some way, using the sort of colloquial, everyday man type of language: I'm legit.com



In particular, I liked the blocky but obscure typeface called Negatron.



Teamed with the neon colours I've found that commonly make up music sites design, this logo I'm going to continue developing. Employing modern graphics styles such as folded corners should give it more modern day appeal and also, testing it out in a range of neon colours should produce more options and hopefully more inspiration for the site design at large.

@

1 comment:

Steven Bailey said...

I think the 'I love legal' sounds and looks more like a campaign than the others.