Saturday 23 May 2009

Extra stuff - Letters from a WW1 soldier

In amongst doing coursework I've managed to get a few more extra work projects completed. The one that I've launched online recently is Letters from a WW1 soldier.



Using a Flash interface to better provide for the image based scene, this work project really called on image manipulation and optimisation skills.


This was the starting photograph I was provided with. From here I managed to create a scene full of various WW1 artefacts that all link back to the main topic of war time history, but obviously personal to family.

When you compare this to other efforts (admittedly, popular sites) regarding war topics, I think this stands out through it's visual staging, rather than lines of written text. Furthermore, with it being image based it could appeal a little more to a younger audience, I know I certaintly prefer it - it's real history you can see, not just words on a page.

I've even had to add in an email since due to the unexpected hits its been getting, London, Sheffield etc.

@

No comments: