Friday 14 November 2008

SPP2 - Potential local networks

For the Jim Shorthouse lectures, we were called upon to venture into Bonington Building. On the way through I saw some arty flyers/paraphanalia, one of which caught my eye. 



This flyer for an cultural exchange exhibition of a Korean University's work, I really like, especially with it's the bold contasted against an incredibly light uppercase typeface, along the flowing saturation of the grasses for the background. Anything with nature, i.e. animal print, pebbles, foliage, really appeals. It's one of the reasons I went down that route for the GLP site. 

However, the attractive Art and Design branding we're now becoming used to actually signified something other than Nottingham Trent for me. It reminded me of it's creators, who are located no so many miles away from home.

Whilst researching potential work experience placements for SPP1, last year, Un.titled, the design extraordiners, are from Leicester! ...In effect, I've got an almost formed network (I 'work' for NTU, they also work/worked for NTU) - it's a connection just waiting to be tapped. 

At the worst, Un.titled are a creative outlet that will be featuring in my Networking essay. At the best, I could well end up with some work experience next summer at the place where some cracking bits of design originated. Fingers crossed, it could also rub off!

@

No comments: