Sunday 16 November 2008

OEP Website design - Logos

I've decided to call my comic book site 'Villains'. It has so far proved a good framework to pursue, I have been looking at shapes/looks that appear dark, edgy. 

For the site's logo, I sketched a few ideas based around the letter V.


I have now translated these into digital form and developed some, with varying degrees of success.  










It has come to the stage where I can't fully decide between this one above, or the two below. The high rise electric bolt V gives it dominance, with the shape itself being unique and identifiable as representing evil. However, I am questioning if this logo will work in a rectangular box - there would be a lot of negative space?


 

This variant of the design I also particularly like. As with most things evil, it helps if you use more black, than white, and so that's why I inverted it. I have varied the attached font next to the V from above, I think the Edo typeface helps add a more rugged, evil comic book feel. 

The two featured fonts are Comic Book or Edo (custom made fonts from dafont.com).

Now it's decision time. I may try adding a coloured aspect to the logo, whether that be accentual line or something like that. This would be in keeping with Miller's Sin City colour styling- black, white and a hint of red/yellow.

@

No comments: